Coming Home!!
I will be the first to admit it, I was so terrified of Nora! What if I don't give her enough to eat? Why is she constantly crying? It's 10pm, she should know it's bedtime, why is she not sleeping? It's 2am, why is she still not sleeping? It's 4am, why is she STILL NOT SLEEPING??? It's 9am, why is she sleeping NOW???!!!
I'm not going to lie, our first month together was rough. I was extremely emotional and had a hard time adjusting to mommy-hood. Looking back, I think my feelings were completely natural but at the time I thought I was losing it! I don't think anyone can actually prepare for the emotional rollercoaster of parenthood, just have to enjoy the ride and handle things the best you can...my mom came out to encourage me and help me through that first month. Seeing her with Nora made me realize how I need to enjoy the ups and downs, my mom was strong for my brother and I...I needed to be strong for Nora. I don't think she realized how much I appreciated her love and help during this time.
Gpa Tiny with Nora
Gma Meme with Nora
Okay...now onto some fun things!! Finally realizing my life as a mommy, I was able to relax
Some highlights of Nora's first month are:
She was up to 8lbs 11oz!
She was sleeping longer stretches but continued to wake-up throughout the night...don't they all??
She learned how to smile and started to follow objects.
She went on your first walk with your BFF, Carter!
She started to coo!
We were so proud of how hard she worked to hold your head up during tummy time!
Keeping up with Nora is tiring!
First bath in the sink!
First bath in her baby tub!
Snuggling with her favorite binky after bath time!
Tummy time!!
Nora loves her swing!
Going for our first walk!
Playdate with her best bud, Carter!
Happy 1 month Nora Bean!
No comments:
Post a Comment