Saturday, February 23, 2013

Our little bambina...Nora Alaina

The next stop on our journal through life...the birth of our first child, Nora Alaina! Joe and I found out we were going to have a baby in August 2011. We were so excited by this news and terrified at the same time...were we ready to be parents?! I'm sure that's a normal feeling for all new parents-to-be.

As the year went on and a new one began, we started to prepare for our first little one. We put her nursery together, took many classes, had many "last dates," assembled all of the necessities, attended baby showers, sent out "thank yous," and finished up getting my classroom ready for my long term sub. Phew...
My baby shower

Nora's Nursery
 
In May, my parents came out to help me and meet their newest grandchild. Finally, my May 4th due date came and I was ready to pop! I was so excited for Nora to come, I mean...it was May 4th...her due date...she had to come today, right?!?! WRONG! May 4th came and went; May 5th, came and went; May 6th, came and went...thank God because there was tornadic action near by!!


Tornado nearby...this was our backyard!! Nice job staying put Nora :)

I met with the doctor on May 9th for a stress test and to put a plan in place to induce me if baby girl did not come sooner. It was scheduled, I was going to be induced on May 14th and I was completely relieved that she would be welcomed into the world very soon.

Thursday morning I woke up and I just knew things were different. I started having contractions that night and Joe called the doctor, they were not 5 minutes apart so I had to wait it out! Contractions were sporadic and intense...let's just say I got no sleep that night! Oh yeah, they don't stop just because I'm tired and it's bedtime, right??!! Friday came and I continued to labor at home...another call to the doctor, another letdown, another restless day. And then there was Saturday, probably one of the worst days of my laboring. I was in so much pain and the contractions were getting closer but not 5 minutes apart. My mom wanted me to call the doctor, but I did not want to be letdown again...I mean Monday was right around the corner, I could hold on (ouch, get her outta here!!) a little longer, right?!

Finally at 6:30pm, Joe called the doctor. Luckily, Dr. Arroyo (my doctor) was on call and asked Joe to bring me in for a check-up. After being checked, I was 90% effaced and 5cm dilated...and FINALLY admitted! My first thought was relief...she was coming! My second thought was: "GIVE ME THE DAMN EPIDURAL RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GO CRAZY!!!" Phew....

Helllllooooo Hotness!!
 
After getting the epidural, I could enjoy life again...OMG, it was the BEST thing ever!! Too bad I was stuck in the hospital, felt like I could have gone out for some shopping or something...one last trip?? Haha! After a night of visits and some well deserved rest, they woke me up around 4am to see where I was at. I was excited, scared, happy, terrified, to hear that it was GO TIME!! 
 
At 5am, we finally welcomed our sweet baby girl, Nora Alaina! It was love at first sight for us both! I had a very special moment with Joe, my parents, and sweet baby girl after the delivery...I have been keeping her name a secret from everyone for a long time. Joe and I decided to name our sweet baby girl, Nora, after my sister that passed away. When revealing Nora's name to my parents, they both started crying, it was very emotional and we all will never forget that moment. Now let the fun really begin!
 Welcome into the world Nora Alaina!
 

 
7lbs 5oz, 18 1/2 inches
 
Looking like Daddy!
 
Cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment